Accidents happen when you least expect them, and as they catch you unaware and unprepared, the resulting injuries can change your way of life in an instant. A minor injury may leave you upset and frustrated, but a serious injury has the potential to paralyze you and your entire family and financial situation. When the accident is no fault of your own, your next step is to call an experienced personal injury lawyer for a free consultation, but you may get distracted.
A skilled personal injury lawyer is able to represent you in such accidents as slip and falls, motorcycle, truck and car crashes, injuries at work, medical malpractice, and nursing home abuse and accidents. These are all areas where the injured person may think that because they have insurance, they don’t need a lawyer, and they postpone calling one, only to discover later that the injuries are more serious and they require more attention than believed.
Nothing could be further from the truth. If you have been injured in any type of accident because of another person or company’s negligence, and you are wondering whether you should call a professional lawyer, the answer is Yes! Call as soon as possible; there is no reason to wait.
Here are a few reasons why clients have waited needlessly:
• They felt confused and overwhelmed.
• They realized they were hurt worse than originally thought.
• They realized that they were not getting all of the proper medical attention they needed or the quality they desired.
• Their insurance company began to make excuses for the limited care.
• They realized long-term care would be necessary.
While deciding to call an experienced personal injury lawyer to explain your rights to you, there are several things you should do before you call. Keep in mind that legal rights have an expiration date in a court of law, and if you don’t file within the allotted time, your case may expire. Contacting a skilled attorney as soon as possible is important, and there is no risk at all if you schedule a consultation early.
There is no need to suffer at the expense of another’s negligence. Sometimes the injury doesn’t appear to be as serious in the beginning, so you think you can handle it. This is no time to be a hero. Personal injury Law Firms offer a free consultation to discuss the details of your accidents, and there are no fees even when they take your case until after they have won the case, and you have received your settlement. This allows you to focus on taking care of yourself or the loved one, while the law firm handles the legal issues.
Here are three things you should do before contacting a personal injury lawyer:
- Get a complete physical exam by your physician or hospital. You want to be sure that all the pain you are experiencing is treated properly.
- Contact your insurance company to let them know of the incident.
- Collect evidence to prove that the other person involved is at fault including names, addresses, insurance companies and more in order to prove how the accident happened.
Then, you should contact a skilled, experienced personal injury lawyer. Don’t wait any longer because with extended time, evidence slips away. Your lawyer will get to work immediately to investigate the details. The lawyer needs time to build the case, and the firm requires time to consult state and local law statutes, for example.
What About My Insurance?
As soon as you are able, you should call your insurance company. You cannot depend on your insurance company because all insurance agents work on the same premise, which is to save their company as much money as possible. They do that by cutting the corners of your care and compensation anyway they can to stay under budget.
The top national companies that handle multi-millions of dollars in claims annually keep compensation between 60 and 65 percent. They also do not cover long-term rehabilitation, lost time from work or emotional pain and suffering at all. This and the remaining 35 percent is your responsibility if you do not allow an effective personal injury lawyer to claim complete compensation for your losses. We can’t change what happened to you, but we can assist you in making your life easier and less stressful during this traumatic time. Call us now: 954-473-1500