Ivan Lorenzo was a 60 year old gentleman who was admitted to a local hospital for treatment of a fungal infection in his toe in June 2012. The treatment prescribed was to be IV medication administration. In the evening hours of his first day of admission, the pharmacy tech who prepared the medication and delivered it to the patient gave him 400 mg of the fungal drug mediation where he was only supposed to receive 40 mg. The effect of the overdose caused arrhythmia and cardiac arrest. He was supposed to be on a cardiac monitor and it did not appear that the staff responded to his heart attack in a timely manner which also was a contributing cause of his death. Because of the nature of the liability, we were able to secure a prompt settlement for the family without the need to file a lawsuit.